We are seeking a hands-on Senior Full Stack Developer who is passionate about solving business problems through innovative solutions. This individual must be comfortable applying their depth of knowledge and expertise through all aspects of the software development lifecycle. In this role, you will be the responsible for driving technical design, leading and mentoring development resources, and hands-on development tasks.
- Must live in the Columbus, OH or St. Petersburg, FL Metro areas and be able to work on-site.
- We will consider both temp-to-hire (W2) and contract-to-hire (1099) for this position, with the option to convert to a full-time resource after 6 months.
- Drive efforts to refine high-level business requirements into detailed business requirements
- Convert business requirements into technical requirements and design, which will ensure the responsiveness, efficiency, scalability, performance, security and maintainability of the solution
- Perform hands-on development across the full stack
- Define, manage, perform, and report status on:
- project plan and schedule
- project documentation standards (e.g., requirements, design, education, training, etc.
- technical architecture and development standards
- quality assurance and quality control (e.g., test planning, SIT, UAT, performance testing, etc.)
- DevOps practices (e.g., source code management, deployment/cutover, etc.)
- Customer application support processes
- Assist in identifying, on-boarding and mentoring technical resources, as required
- Identify and escalate issues as appropriate
- Perform other activities deemed reasonable and prudent
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related is required
- 8+ years’ experience as a senior full stack developer with a track record of understanding, designing, developing and debugging customer-centric web solutions from start to finish
- Advanced knowledge of application, data, and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- 5+ years designing complex data structure across structured (i.e., PostgreSQL) and unstructured (i.e., MongoDB) database platforms
- Strong ability to design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, and robust code
- Experience using Git for managing and controlling source code
- Experience deploying solutions in an AWS environment (e.g., S3, Lambda, API-gateway, etc.)
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Strong organizational skills and is capable of managing multiple concurrent priorities
- Self-starter with results-oriented, proactive management approach that focuses on getting the job done
- An analytical mindset that is adept at solving problems, and can quickly learn and apply new concepts
- Experience with automated web-testing frameworks is a plus
- Experience working in a fast-paced, agile startup environment is a plus
- Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.A. without sponsorship